NRCS Announces Application Deadline For EQIP And RCPP Sign-Ups

Published online: Sep 25, 2023 News
Viewed 157 time(s)

Boise, Idaho –The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Idaho announces an Oct. 6 application deadline for Fiscal Year 2024 Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) and Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP) projects.

“Farm Bill programs like EQIP and RCPP allow us to provide financial assistance to Idaho’s farmers, ranchers and private timber producers,” said Curtis Elke, NRCS State Conservationist for Idaho. “However, we also offer technical assistance and conservation planning. So, please get in touch with your local NRCS field office and learn more about what we have to offer.”

Applications for EQIP and RCPP projects are accepted year-round, however, only the applications received by Oct. 6 will be considered for funding during this particular cycle. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed in subsequent cycles.

EQIP helps agricultural producers complete resource conservation projects and make conservation-related management changes on their farms or ranches. Conservation program participation is voluntary and helps private landowners and operators defray the costs of installing conservation practices.

RCPP is a partner-driven approach to conservation that funds solutions to natural resource challenges on agricultural land. By leveraging collective resources and collaborating on common goals, RCPP demonstrates the power of public-private partnerships in delivering results for agriculture and conservation. Currently, Idaho has three RCPP projects accepting applications:

  • Palouse River Watershed Implementation Partnership
  • Boa Ogoi Water, Land, and Habitat Restoration Project
  • Bear River Watershed Agriculture and Habitat Connectivity.

“For those who are seeking NRCS assistance to help with natural disaster recovery, there may be an opportunity to apply for Early Start Waivers,” said Elke. “You will want to speak with your local Field office to determine if this is the right avenue for your situation.”

For more information on these programs as well as eligibility requirements, contact your local USDA service center or visit NRCS online at