The House Rules Committee has determined there will be 103 amendments offered to the farm bill. 230 had been submitted, 10 of which were withdrawn.
The rule provides 10 minutes of debate for each amendment made in order, except for McGovern #146, Royce #55, Kind #149, Pitts #13, and Goodlatte #194, which will be debatable for 20 minutes.
- The McGovern amendment (#146) will be offered first, it seeks to restore $20.5 billion in SNAP funding.
- The Kind amendment (#149) seeks to limit crop insurance premium subsidies to producers with an AGI under $250,000 and limit per person premium subsidies to $50,000 and caps crop insurance provider reimbursements and reduces their rate of return to 12 percent.
- The Pitts amendment (#13) would reform the federal sugar policy.
- The Goodlatte amendment (#194) seeks to remove the market stabilization provision from the Dairy Security Act.
- The Royce amendment (#55) seeks to change the international food programs and curtail “monetization”.
House leadership hopes to have the debate done and vote on the bill by late Thursday.